1) First off, after drawing the head and the guidelines of the face that I haven't drawn here etc etc.. .I start the eye by drawing a sort of U shape on its side. Depending on who I'm drawing this can change as you can see best in pictures like this one: [link] The line I always start with here is the inner level of the eyelash so I know how much room I have to do the Iris and how wide the eyes are.
2) Second step is really simple, I just add another line over the top of the first, similar to the shape of the first. This is the top of the eyelash. I use this to give a better idea of the shape of the eye and again depending on the character being male or female, the line may be higher to make the lashes thicker or thinner. Since I haven't really thought about this and haven't drawn a face either so I'm not sure if this is male or female. By looking at this, it can be taken as male of female If I wanted it look a little more female I might drag out some of the lines to make it look a little more flickly and feminine
3) Shade in the lashes. You can also define the shape of the eye more when doing this. Draw an oval shape to map the basic shape of the iris. Depending on where the character is looking this position will obviously change and you can change the length or shape of it, depending on how you want your character to look. Making it smaller and more circular might help it your character look more evil.
4) Within the iris map out lightly where the parts of the eye is going to be. The long ovalish shape within the top is the reflection, again this can be made smaller to help the character look more sinister. The circle beneath that is the pupil and the one beneath that is the iris. Obviously this isn't very realistic but I like drawing it that way so what the hell ?
5) Shade in the area next to the pupil and iris. Also add an eyebrow, again changing the shape, length and depth of the brow depending on the character. By looking at this and how thin it ends up. It seems that this is a more feminine. Also add the base of an eyelid just above the eyelashes.
When it comes to line art (Not shown here) Its as simple as following the sketch you've already made. Colouring - The pupil, I prefer to colour darker than the iris below. In my opinion it makes the eye look more effective
Lol worst tutorial ever XD Sorry if I rambled a bit... I do that a lot and this is my first tutorial anyway.
Primarily for ~115Umbron
but feel free to use, link me back, I'd like to see what you do
I guess this could be used digitally but oh well XD I'm not a digital artist any more... Meh XD
Art / Tutorial (C) *MissDarkAngel167